Palo Santo (Bursera graveolens) is a tree that’s native to Peru, Ecuador, Mexico and other South American countries. It grows in dry tropical forests and produces very fragrant resin. In Spanish, palo santo means “holy wood”. It only permitted to harvest after falling in its own due time and resting for years in forest. It gives us the what we need when we respect it and harvest in a sustainable manner.
Its wood develops an irresistible aroma and remarkable healing properties, only if after natural death by given ample time to rest peacefully on the forest floor. It attracts positive energy, purify on an energetic level, re-establish peace and balance, enhance concentration and heal people on physical and spiritual level.
- Inspire creativity
- Purify energetic level
- Attract positive energy
- Bring calm & peace
- Away from depression
- Heal physically, emotionally & spiritually
The most common and easy way is to burn it as incense.
- Set your intention
- Hold Palo Santo stick at 45° angle
- Use candle or lighter to ignite the end
- Let it burn for 15-20 seconds
- Extinguish flame and place it in smudge dish
- Waft the smoke around your body from top to toe
- Continue to smoke around your area by walking through each corner and let the embers goes round and occupied the whole space
- Visualise all the dense energy and negativity leave your space and whole space filled with light
- Repeat daily/weekly or needed
- When it is on fire, you might see black smoke and after blown out will then be white/grey smoke (fragrant cleansing smoke).
- If there is visible bubble when burning, it is normal. That is resin
- Every stick comes from different part of the branch, so it may have different texture, shape and colour.